Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Roman Daze

It is very hot here and the humidity is a bit of a killer - even the Sisters have to stop for an ice cream and a little chat on the phone. Is there a sale on?
I have been forced to spend some extra time in the coolness and holiness of some of the world's greatest churches. Pictures do not do them justice of course, but I will try and whett your appetite.
Some other priests prefer to go shopping I guess. Well, there must be a liturgical sale on at present as even the altar servers are into it. And what is it with the European religious not matching their bags with their shoes?
I am trying to lighten up the Blog with some human shots, remembering that the architecture can easily be 'webbed'. 
There is a pic to the right of my now very short- haired self viewing the inside of the amazing Pantheon, the Basilica of Martyrs, now. This is a beautiful building with an incredible all embracing history.
I also spent a couple or hours, yes, a couple of hours, in the beautiful Basilica of Mary Major, and the Ignatian holy places of Chiesa del Gesu (Church of Jesus where St Ignatius is entombed) and the Basilica of St Ignatius of Loyola. Pics to the left are glimpses of Gesu and the right is Loyola. As with all my pics please double click them to see them bigger (except any with my face in it as it already looks like it is 'double clicked'!) I also try to include people in most pics as it gives some perspective to the size of these beautiful places. At last I feel small.

This page is dedicated to the Jesuits an all who depend on them and are led by their founder St Ignatius.



No comments:

Post a Comment