Friday, August 27, 2010

Comotion


This is a different pace and a different place. I am going to find Egypt tough. My bed is the size of a small African country, in fact, I can park my car on it! Everything is green and there is a view no matter what direction one looks.
I spent today driving up to Varenna (it is on the map near the middle of the upside down 'y'). The map will also show George Clooney's house. Not sure if I will get an invite for tea and scones. Today was overcast but that did not inhibit the beauty for me. I had a looooooong lunch by the water followed by a long walk to gather the courage to drive back to Garbagnate Monastero where I am staying. The village of Verenna is where I drive to catch my boat for tours and transport on Lake Como, so I have included a pic for your appetite.
The Lake is dotted with magnificent villas and life is just so relaxed here, even in ordinary weather. Even the game of 'elastics' is back by the look of it. I did not give it a go.
Tomorrow I hope to take the sky train thingy (funicular) to the top of the a high peak here and embark on a kilo losing walk. If it rains I will have another long lunch! The graffiti on the attached road sign is keeping my mind on driving honest and safe. I have made so many new friends on the road already with people waving, flashing their lights and hooting horns at me. They are just so friendly...I think?
This page is dedicated to all 'L' and 'P' plate drivers, and especially to those who sit beside them. Travel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment