Monday, August 30, 2010

Como-toes

I have had a special couple of days hiking and sailing the area of middle Como. Thus the pic of my 'Comotoes' which lead to my Comotose and then the long Comodoze. I did not wear these shoes in the mountains.
The silence in the mountains was magnificent but there is a scarcity of wildlife, it seems to me. Perhaps it is just that in Australia there is a bug or beast, often deadly, lurking around every tree or rock. Have I been traumatized do you think?
The pics to the right are taken from on top of Mount Resegone with the 'Ridge' or 'Razor' in the background. Resegone looks over Lecco and a cable car take you to the initial climbing point. I hiked all round but not over the top. I took the pic of myself from where that white cross is to the upper right. Aren't I brave little trooper?
Sailing around Lake Como is a nautical treat. The villages are so peaceful and many are not too spoilt by tourists. There are enough opportunities to get off the tourist paths and make personal discoveries and experience the local treats, especially the food. I had my first red meat in six weeks last night, and I felt like a king, whatever a king feels like!
The pics here are taken in the middle of the Lake looking upward, where the upside down 'y 'separates. So they are completely in the centre looking both left and right. The town is Bellagio. The villa to the right looks at the view of the yacht I took. I need this small understated villa as a retreat house. The open bedroom door was a sign that God was saying to me, "come in and relax, this is your new home". I must stop having a glass of red at lunch!
The famous Villa Carlotta is is to the left. All open to the public, it has the most amazing gardens. God said to me here, "get weeding". A good site for this villa is http://www.villacarlotta.it/ 
This page is dedicated to all those who dream big dreams, and to those who help them come true. Pace e bene.

No comments:

Post a Comment