Sunday, October 24, 2010

Leaving New York

This has been visit with many surprises. Not the least was meeting Judy from Connecticut as I struggled my way through a map at Columbus Circle yesterday. She was a woman of 60ish years I guessed, very obliging until she offered to take me to her apartment and....!
I am still dumbfounded, amazed, unflattered. I guess the other big surprise for me in this encounter was the fact that I am still as gullible as ever. I am nearly 40 years old now, so when does it stop???
Now that I have your attention....
I have been to NYC several times before but it has been more work involved. It has been a pleasure to visit as a tourist this time, and that is why I spent so much time walking.

On my last day I began with Mass at St Patrick's Cathedral. This pic is of the Atlas statue at the Rockefeller Centre with St Pats behind. I could not help being captivated later by the ice skaters also at the Rock.


The rest of the sunlight hours were spent experiencing an amazing shopping spree up Broadway. Yes the entire Midtown Broadway was a huge market from 1100 till 6pm. Off this area are all the main Broadway shows. Incredible with no traffic and so many stalls and casual people. Judy was not there!
I had to have a break by going to another show - 'Promises, Promises' starring Sean Hayes of  'Will and Grace' fame. I love this city - straight to a live show. When I came out I bumped into some Red Hatters and they so remind me of my Red Hatters at Young. I miss you girls.


Being hungry after the 'Promises', I went to eat in Broadway again. This time another surprise! I met dodgy Sylvia who sells tickets to shows, right next to the main TKT Booth. She had no teeth! She was offering a one only ticket to 'Mamma Mia' for $50. Dilemma...what was I to do on my last night in New York...leave Sylvia in the lurch?  I bought ticket for $40 an had a great time.
Now I leave New York (not by horse and carriage as in Broadway) to visit Robin and Brian, Drew, Rhys and Brooke in Tampa, Florida. Some family time.
Did I tell you that we are booked on a four day Caribbean cruise? Yippee! Oh yes, did I also tell you that there is an hurricane inbound in the Caribbean? It's name is Richard...honestly. Who would call a hurricane 'Richard'? Only in America.
This page is dedicated to all Red Hatters, and those who love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment