Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hurricane Richard arrives in Tampa, Florida

I begin my time here with a correction to my last Blog by saying the cruise is not in the Caribbean, but rather to Mexico, where this hurricane presently resides. It should all just be wreckage by the time I get there!

Robin and Brian and their three children live in a great American near mansion with a pool. A pool would be essential here as it is very muggy, and this is heading into winter. The Navy provide the housing of course, and they know reality will bite them when they return to Oz next year. Their home is full of the life a busy family with at least one teenager offers. They are great parents considering Brian has to spent time away with the Navy, and being in their company will be very grounding for me as I have lived an 'unreal existence' for the last four months. Some people grizzle about celibacy...it is not so tough!
My plans here are just to spend time with them, relax, long lunches, relax, Cruise a little from Tampa, visit New Orleans, shop vicariously, that is, enjoy watching other people spend their money and, oh yes, relax. Wish me luck.

Halloween is about to begin here and it is huge, rather like these pumpkins. Can you pick which one is me?
This page is dedicated to Robin and Brian, Drew, Rhys and Brooke - my hosts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment