Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tour de France de Richard

I have experienced my first wet day, a day of soft rain, since I left Oz in late June. (Pic is of the Tower in the rain). It justified my bringing a coat and small umbrella. I am determined to use everything I packed as I have had to carry it all over the world. My travelling rule is that for anything I buy clothes wise, I have to take something out. Lucky for me I packed old socks and jocks!
I happily discovered a new museum in Paris, Le Cité de Architecture et Patrione. Loved it. It contains the history of French architecture since the Middle Ages to the present. One whole floor contains replica casts to actual size of the major portals and main features of all the famous churches in France.
It demonstrates the development of the architecture and the change in spiritual formation of the people. I was astounded. These pics do not do it justice, but I have to share them. These copies of little monks, 200 of them, support the tombs of ... some famous dead people ... oops, I forgot who they are. I will get back to you on that.

This page is dedicated to those who died alone, or have no one to remember them. May they rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment