Thursday, September 30, 2010

Half way point.

I am writing this page travelling from Paris France to Cologne (Köln) in Germany via Brussels. Just a day’s outing really. The Thalys train is wonderful – clean and efficient, with internet access, a bar, reclining seats...and yes the view at 308 kms an hour. I now know why Troy likes trains so much, and there are no airport hassles. Loving it!

It gives me gentle time to reflect on my journey so far. So what have I learnt? Here are some of my reflections as I cross the halfway point of my journey:

1. To ‘get away’ one does not have to leave where one is, but leaving one’s familiar and safe surrounds allows us new insights into ourselves and the world.

2. As large as the world is, it is nothing compared to the capability of each individual.

3. Responsible risk taking enlivens the mind and the heart.

4. Being grateful for succeeding in responsible risk taking enlivens the soul.

5. When travelling forward, stop occasionally and look back to see the view.

6. Having one’s head in the skies is alright as long as one’s feet are firm on the ground.

 7. We do not own our journey of life, but we do determine our ultimate destination, and when that gets difficult, the Saints are always there. 

This page is dedicated to you, who are still journeying with me. Pace e bene.




No comments:

Post a Comment