Thursday, September 23, 2010

Paris, France

Out of the Middle East and now in central Europe. What a difference a day makes.
Please revisit my Egypt pages as I have now been able to include the pics. Thank you.

I arrived safely and on time, experiencing clouds and green landscapes once again. I am now swiftly moving from Arabic to French, but am comforted by the fact that the croissant was a Turkish invent. I feel so profound with all my new knowledge!

My time back in Paris has been spent discovering new places for me and revisiting some of the familiar.

I visited the Basilica  of St Denys (Patron of Paris.  St Genevieve is the Patroness and her site is the base of the Pantheon). I loved the Rose Window. I also spent some time at the Pantheon and re learnt much of the French patriotic history. A very inspiring building and also challenging as it symbolises the removal of the sacred and the disproportionate placement of the secular in the journey of mankind in France. I also found that movement symbolised and realised by the the enormous presence of young people sitting on church steps while Mass was being celebrated , beer and water sellers vying their trades, and many tourists treating holy places as photo opportunities.
I loved the contrast and the passion with art in Paris. Two of my pics show the old and the new generations at work.


I finish this page with a proven shot of me in Paris. The blessings of Notre Dame be with you.

Tomorrow I venture north to the World War 11 Australian sites - that is if I can get the trains to work for me.

This page is dedicated to Fr Mieteck RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment