Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whistler














I had to take the opportunity to go skiing seeing as I was so close to 'real' mountains with one of the world's best ski fields. Whistler - home of the 2010 Winter Olympic outdoor events.

I had the best day, staying on top of the two peaks and skiing until my legs sued for damage. One song kept echoing in my head, and I used to sing it aloud as I made my way down the pine lined slopes - "So Much Beauty" by Kate Cebrano. I skied through the gap in the pic to the right...and no my singing or skiing did not cause an avalanche.






As I made my way by bus back to Vancouver in the night (view from my hotel of Vancouver harbour entrance), with sore legs, Schnapps in my head, and Kate Cebrano still by my side, I was thinking...this time next week I will be in Hawaii!
I have truly enjoyed this sabbatical and holiday. Truly, I have tried not to waste a moment.

 This page is dedicated to those who lost so much in the floods at home. (I have been watching closely).

No comments:

Post a Comment