Thursday, December 23, 2010

The End

So that brings this six month adventure to a happy ending. The pic is of the Qantas counter at 4.30am at Honolulu. I have had a wonderful time and am very grateful for the chance to have taken in some of the world’s greatest sites and many of its people and cultures.

The next pic is of the first Australian waters I see from my porthole, followed by Sydney Heads which are home to so much of  my life - St Patrick's Seminary at Manly, and HMAS WATSON at South Head.

I will always call Australia home, and always love returning home. I am happy to be returning to my friends at Young where we care for each other, and I am closer to some family members who are also so important to me.

I thank Br Anthony for meeting me at the airport and not laughing too loudly when I got into the wrong side of my car. I let him drive! Ant represents so much of family and faith to me and has been a loyal supporter of my priestly journey. Thanks also to the Marists who have taken the time and care to nurture his faith and gifts.

So what is next?

This page is dedicated to you for reading this and following my journey. Thank you, and as St Francis says “Pace e bene”.

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment