Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hawaii. Yes, a Holiday at Last.

After leaving San Francisco, I planned a few days in Hawaii just to unwind and prepare to return to Australia for a New Year’s start back at work. Hawaii had no plans for me, just to get to a beach and chill out. I have been here before so would not be doing the regular tourist spots.

The weather was kind to me for the first two days then it poured. The locals were not used to the amount of water that fell from the skies either with underground car parks flooding and flash flooding in the streets. So even the weather was preparing me to acclimatise to wet Oz. I have been following the downpours back home with much interest.
I did manage an evening cruise off Waikiki Beach, the pic shows the famous Diamond Head crater landmark.

Hawaii has many beautiful sites but they are really located well away from Honolulu. The Australian beaches are without a doubt, some of the finest in the world, and I think anyone who has travelled would agree.

This second last page of my journey is dedicated to all those preparing to travel for this Christmas period. May your travels be as safe and as enjoyable as mine have been. That is right, one page left...arriving in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment