Friday, December 3, 2010

Another birthday

Would you believe I received a trip to prison for my birthday...to Alcatraz!
While I did escape Alcatraz, I did not escape my birthday.
This pic below of an Aussie gum tree on the famous island prison made me think of home...in the fondest of ways. The gum trees were brought to the city during the Gold Rush.

I had a wonderful time on the actual day by travelling down south to Santa Cruz with Mark and Nick, past Pigeon Point lighthouse, pumpkins by the sea and then lunch at the seashore. A wonderful day which began with mass, coffee and surprise singing, and cake with spelling errors. I will remember it, and so will Ramona enjoying the cake (sorry). 


This Prayer was sent to me by a friend from the wonderful Holy Redeemer parish, 'purple Bill'. It  must be shared as my dedication and appreciation for this day.

 SAINT THERESA'S PRAYER

 May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment