Monday, July 12, 2010

In Jerusalem

...and yes...here is a pic of my carry-on luggage, well all of my luggage really, at Tel Aviv Airport! The only comforting thing was that...Troy was in the same boat, well aircraft really...and his luggage went missing too. I love shopping on insurance money.
After our 4 hour layover in Amman, Jordan...oh that is right, our plane out of Istanbul was an hour late...bonus...one hour less to wait at Amman...wrong...luggage goes to??? Now you know why I love to shop on insurance money. Do I sound stressed? I should not be as our duty free booze stayed with us, and yes, it had to be tried under such testing conditions.
We managed to buy some clothes while we await our luggage arriving, and we have checked into our accommodation for the next couple of weeks, so check it out, by day, by night, by the bar, and the chapel. This is the Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Centre. It has been a pilgrimage rest place since the 1800's.
We have been through our initial briefing which has us starting at 6.45am for prayer each morning, except those days when we have to start at 5.00am! I should have read the fine print.

This page is dedicated to all those who care for their priests, in whatever capacity. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment