Saturday, July 24, 2010

Back in Jerusalem

After returning to Jerusalem I have been revisiting some sites I went to in February this year. These last few days have also included some new sites which I have found very interesting.

I have started my last days by saying Mass at the Holy Sepulchre: firstly at Calvary and then inside at the Tomb of Christ. Only six people can fit at the tomb and we organised it for 6.00am before the daily pilgrims arrive. This is the most sacred place to Christianity and to say Mass there is a life changing event.                       It gets even better!

 For my 25th Jubilee Year of Priesthood I was asked to say Mass and preach for the entire crowd who came to the Tomb early in the morning, including those priests from around the world who are doing the same Renewal Course as me. I cried twice. (I know: Take a concrete tablet and harden up, I hear you say). All I could think of during the Mass were the events that occurred HERE and the people in my life who have lead me here. I thought of Young, Temora, Cootamundra, Stockinbingal...and even Wombat, Monteagle, Koorawatha and Murringo, not to mention my friends from Navy days and the SLC in Sydney. How blessed am I? Truly, how blessed am I? The pics at the top show the entrance to the Tomb and yes I think I am getting balder and greyer!

The pic above left shows the bronze olive tree in the Cennacle. This is the Upper Room where the sacraments of  Eucharist, the Priesthood and Reconciliation (Confession) were instituted by Christ. Today it is actually a Mosque, but the olive tree represents the three branches of Abraham: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Amazing! This room is built above the the memorial tomb of King David, the first king of Israel.

I am taking some time now to to be quiet as I am in need of rest while I decide how to get all of this experience to you. Thank you for following me on my journey.
This page is dedicated to those who have loved me, and those who still do. Pace e bene.  

No comments:

Post a Comment