Saturday, November 20, 2010

To San Francisco

Leaving the warmth of Florida for the wet coolness of San Francisco is not without its challenges. Firstly these kids, Rhys and Brooke tried to stow away in my luggage from Florida. Honestly, what would the Aussie government think with me being accused of people smuggling?
The challenge continues because I do not really have cool climate clothes and nor do I want to spend $$$ buying clothes I do not need later. Nor am I going to spend my time here indoors. There will be a solution and all will be revealed over the next four weeks.
My plan here is to stay with my old Aussie mate, Mark (not in his years old but in length of time I have known him - see Blog 1 when I left Australia in June). That had to be clear in case he reads this Blog! I will base myself with Mark and move out to the various places I want to visit and have not seen in the past, including Alcatraz (pic on the right). I am planning some local trips but essentially want to get to Vancouver, and perhaps Alaska. What am I saying? I am freezing now!

Mark is from Tatura in Victoria originally but has been an architect in Sydney for all of our friendship. He has now begun a life changing adventure to study architecture, liturgy and theology amongst other things, at Berkley Uni in San Francisco. I look forward to sharing our common interests together. The pic on the right with his twin sister Julie will really let me know if he reads the  Blogs or not. He should not have left me at home alone with my camera! Sorry Julie.

Wherever I go here, the whole Christmas thing is excessssssive.  Carols in the taxis even. Not that I am not moved by the birth of Our Lord, but really, things are so premature in San Francisco. They need more donkeys and less inns.

This page is dedicated to all the priests and people of the Canberra/Goulburn Archdiocese who are effected by the clergy moves which have just been announced in my absence.
I am not opening my mail just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment