Monday, November 8, 2010

Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away

Our port visit on the cruise was to Cozumel off the east coast of Mexico in the western Caribbean. The only livelihood there is tourism as it is a flat island based on a coral bed with about half a metre of soil on top of the coral bed. It is very tropical and the locals were amazingly friendly. I had to experience a margarita in the size of a fish bowl, so I did.


We hired ourselves out to go rampaging through the jungle on All Terrain Vehicles (ATV's). This lasted the better part of three hours and we were completely transformed from Gilligan and Ginger into dusty , messy wrecks. We were able to visit Old Mayan ruins and have the ancient Mayan culture explained to us. What a fun day.

I loved the cruise and met some fun people, including the lady pictured. She asked me about my travels and the Blog dedications I do. This was over lunch! She asked had I dedicated a Blog to breast cancer survivors. I said not yet! This was still over lunch! Next minute she pulls from her shirt a chicken fillet looking thing and waived it about and said,  "Make sure you do dedicate a page to breast cancer survivors". That was the end of lunch!


This page IS dedicated to the survivors of breast cancer...and prostate cancer.

...and so the sun sets over the Caribbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment