Monday, November 8, 2010

Sailing the Caribbean Mexico

This was only a short cruise but was very healing because of the stress of the holidays I am now enjoying. For Robin, it is a break from her domestic routine. Brian is a having his time managing the household on his own for a while. This is an unflattering pic of our ship from the rear, Radiance of the Seas, as well as one of the Welcome On board platters.

We sailed from Tampa in the late afternoon and the weather was a little damp and glum. We were not glum though, and eventually aimed at wetting the inside. Some pics at the seven storey main atrium with glass lifts and balconies. Brilliant, and so different from my Navy days.

It did not take us long to find our away around and get the ship routine down. We survived our Emergency Stations drill, and like all good survivors, we went to the bar. No  Titanic stuff for us.


Our days were filled with great dining and lots of very professional entertainment. I had the chance to say Mass for the ship, but of course I did not have any of the right gear. On my run ashore to Cozumel in Mexico I managed to scurry around and buy a table runner which I could fold and use as a stole. So much has changed over the last 25 years huh!



This page is dedicated to Fr Phil Buckley from Page in Canberra who died tragically 5 November, while I was on the high seas in the Caribbean.


No comments:

Post a Comment