Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Leaving Tampa

With one day to go before I leave for San Francisco, the weather has turned on the real charm. It is the best time of the year here I am told. Not too hot or humid.

Robin and I have been tripping around in between school children responsibilities and schedules, but mostly I just spend my time working, as one can see from the pic above right.

We went to Honeymoon and Caladesi Islands which are less than 10 kms from Dunedin. They are beautiful beached and mangrove islands despite the not so welcome sign about rattlesnakes. There is plenty of wildlife including this Aussie Gopher tortoise which happened our way. He has a great smile (double click the pic).

We also visited Tarpon Springs, the alleged home of the world's biggest sponge fleet, and the now also infamous 'Spongeorama'. This is a Greek sponge fishing village which has the whole Greek-Mediterranean thing going on. The food here is authentic Greek and we had several toasts to all the Theo's, Nick's and Costa's we know. I could return here easily. 

This page is dedicated to Robin and Brian, Brooke, Drew and Rhys who have been my wonderful hosts for the last three weeks. Fair winds and following seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment