Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Castel Gondolfo Last Supper

 
Today was wonderful, again.
I introduced Robin on her last day in Italy to Vincenzo and Jennifer, who live at Papa de Rocca near Frascati. We had the best day at Castel Gondlfo and Neffi. Castel Gondolfo is the Pope's summer residence and as I said yesterday, and we were to have a morning audience  with Il Papa. That did not happen! Not happy about that, as our transport never arrived. We made up for it by having a special lunch at the village of Castel Gondolfo, and then moved to Neffi for desert - their famous miniature strawberries with ice cream. Yum! The  views were so beautiful and that matched the company. These pics are enclosed simply to make readers jealous.
Is that a sin? Must check that one out.
Robin moves back to her family in the US tomorrow, and I move to Firenze for a week and then hopefully move up north to Lake Como for a gentle retreat.
I am planning  some of this trip as I go and adapt as opportunities arrive. That was part of the plan with this break, to try not to live by demands of phones, diaries and too much planning. I am doing OK so far but the next two weeks will be interesting on my own and then I prepare for Egypt and Jordan, all with complete strangers. Trust me when I say prayer is the answer to all our concerns. We are never alone - Deo Gratias.
Best I dedicate this page to Pope Benedict XVI, reminding him, I am always on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment